View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
hmmclever
Registered Users
seller

Re: VBAC=Induction? WWYD?

DO NOT let them induce you!!! Pitocin is NOT recommended during a VBAC, because of the exact reason you stated! Most of the uterine rupture stories that I've read about, the women were given pitocin. When I VBACed my OB said they could give me a very low dose of it, but i know at the hospital my best friend works at (she's an OB nurse) they arent allowed to give any at all to anyone vbacing. I didnt feel comfortable and with any pit. (and thankfully didnt need it) BUT told my OB that if it came to that I would opt for a repeat c-section, rather than risk it with pit. I would reccommend drinking red raspberry leaf tea, as it is suppossed to tone the uterus and make your contractions more efficient Let your self go into labor naturally, and maybe stay away from the hospital until the last minute!
Laura, wife to my hard working husband Brandan, mom to Luke (5/08) and my VBAC babies Clara (12/09) Asher (4/11) and Lydia (3/13). "I expect to pass through life but once, if, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not deter it or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." -William Penn
hmmclever is offline   Reply With Quote