View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #21
Sparklebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBAC=Induction? WWYD?

As long as you and baby are healthy, you have every right to refuse induction and that's exactly what I would do! Starting labor off with interventions is definitely not the best way to ensure a successful VBAC... that said-- if you need to be induced,it is still possible to have a successful VBAC birth.

I had a medically necessary induced labor and successful vbac last June. I know what it is like to have to literally refuse a csection in the hospital when the doctors are "recommending it's time to have one... you did give it a good try, after all" (birth story in sig, if you're interested-- I read all the vbac stories I could while I was pg, to help boost my confidence and for encouragement that it really is possible).

Also, I would personally think very carefully about my care provider, because it is an enormous help to know that your mw or dr is truly supportive of your decision. Just arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible and have confidence in your body's ability to birth on it's own-- you can do this!

Sparklebug is offline   Reply With Quote