View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
cococomey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else have to save $$$ to take maternity leave????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtchica View Post
i don't think we have short term disability! i may want to look into it, though.

colleen food is usually the #1 place you can cut down. if you don't currently, you may want to consider hanging out in the Thirfty forum for some great ideas on how to save on food costs

yeah the COBRA costs are a big part of my savings. i think my premium is only about $450/month through work. I'm going to stay with my insurance long enough to cover the birth and follow-up visits, then switch to DH's through work. that will only be about $100 or so extra/month. i'm staying with my insurance through the birth because it's so much better than DH's, and i need the out-of-network coverage for my homebirth.
oh yea- I am thrifty already
My mom hates to cook so she thinks she is doing me a favor to eat out. It only makes me feel guilty and I know I have food at home that just needs to be cooked.
We have 4 kids so we NEVER eat out. Not only is it a chore but my DH gets home too late at night to wait for him.
My mom likes to go out at like 5 pm and eat --- ughhhh--- I have been sticking to my rules and telling her to just go enjoy herself alone.

cococomey is offline   Reply With Quote