Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Got my new flat rate envelopes - LOVE THEM!! Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Oh man I am so sorry - I know it is frustrating when the PO person gets all high and mighty and tries to make up rules. I wanna come fight for you - I have worked in customer service for YEARS and I know how to "work the system" and what makes sense and what doesn't.

I wanted to give you this link as well
LINK it discusses envelopes - which is probably the rule your PO was trying to apply to the priority envelope - it clearly states that a REGULAR first class envelope has certain size requirements - and mentions using priority options for heavier or larger items. The 3/4 inch requirements are for first class only - and it clearly states that if those requirements are not met (under 13 oz) then parcel or priority is the other options...there is even a handy little link to the priority options which state that the items must "reasonably fit in the packaging" - nothing about being flat or having a MAX width.

Also here is the link to the policy about how much tape is allowed
link scroll down to the bottom and it says this:
Note: Flat Rate prices are available when material is sent in a USPS-produced Flat Rate Envelope or Box. When sealing a Flat Rate Box or Flat Rate Envelope, the container flaps must be able to close within the normal folds. Tape may be applied to the flaps and seams to reinforce the container; provided the design of the container is not enlarged by opening the sides and the container is not reconstructed in any way.

I am one of those people that will fight until I am told otherwise...if they cannot provide ANYTHING in writing that I can see then my proof in writing should prevail...I recommend printing off all the different info from the website and keeping it in your purse...and just stand your ground (nicely of course) and just keep asking to speak to someone higher up if you are getting nowhere....
She's right- the USPS website clearly states that you cab ship anything that you can fit in an FRE without actually modifying the construction of the envelope! I'd print the guidelines off and keep them handy (for when you're challenged -- it's your best defense!). So sorry, mama!

Last edited by Havah; 02-02-2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: clarification
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote