View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
hadfield531
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: omega 3 for prenatal depression

KRILL OIL!!!!!!! Hands down. This is coming from a mama who's experienced severe PPD with 3 kids, as well as PTSD. They tried anti-depressants with me for years, and they only made me gain 50 pounds (and therefore more depressed), and made me super impulsive, and made me scared of the person they made me become. I decided enough was ENOUGH, and I took matters into my own hands. 5,000 IU's of vitamin D (get your levels checked after taking that much for awhile...they should be at 60ng/ml), Krill Oil (I get the MegaRed from Sam's...best bang for your buck), HEALTHy food choices (stick to as close to whole foods as possible...avoid refined sugars), and at least 20 minutes of mild exercise a day. It sounds like a lot of work, but the results are WORTH IT. Just had baby number 4 5.5 months ago, and I'm doing GREAT. I've actually had several people recently approach me (that knew me during my darker years) and tell me how happy I look. Some days I feel like slacking on my routine, but then I remember how deep that depression was, and I decide I'd rather inconvenience myself a bit than go through that ever again. So as far as Omega 3's go--KRILL OIL!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs mama!