View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #1005
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Ok, lets talk about detergent, for once and all.

Originally Posted by mcews View Post
OK I've read about 75% of the entire thread. We are dealing with ammonia issues on relatively new diapers. I am new to CDing and watched my neighbor suffer through laundry issues for a year before I switched. Now I am having my biggest fear come true. I am really appreciating all of the ideas and trying to KISS.

My main question for the group: Do you dry your diapers in the dryer or are you line drying?

I have been afraid of drying my diapers in case of setting my problems but I am wondering if the extra heat from a dryer would kill any lingering bacteria?

If I do choose to try tumble drying diapers, can they still be effectively stripped?

I dry everything except for PUL covers and PUL shells (like Fuzzibunz and Softbums) in the dryer on high heat. I hang the shells and covers to dry on a little rack I have set up on top of my dryer.

Everything else, even AIO diapers with PUL outers, go in the dryer for 40-70 min. on medium or high heat. Sometimes with the AIOs I'll dry them a bit then hang to finish drying. And occasionally if I'm in a hurry I'll throw EVERYTHING in the dryer. Once in awhile the dryer doesn't hurt, but I do know that hanging diapers to dry at least part of the time will extend the life of your diapers.
Catholic wife and mother to my two sweet little girls, born Summer 2010 and Summer 2012.

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote