View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #1005
coffeegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, lets talk about detergent, for once and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcews View Post
OK I've read about 75% of the entire thread. We are dealing with ammonia issues on relatively new diapers. I am new to CDing and watched my neighbor suffer through laundry issues for a year before I switched. Now I am having my biggest fear come true. I am really appreciating all of the ideas and trying to KISS.

My main question for the group: Do you dry your diapers in the dryer or are you line drying?

I have been afraid of drying my diapers in case of setting my problems but I am wondering if the extra heat from a dryer would kill any lingering bacteria?

If I do choose to try tumble drying diapers, can they still be effectively stripped?

Thanks!
I dry everything except for PUL covers and PUL shells (like Fuzzibunz and Softbums) in the dryer on high heat. I hang the shells and covers to dry on a little rack I have set up on top of my dryer.

Everything else, even AIO diapers with PUL outers, go in the dryer for 40-70 min. on medium or high heat. Sometimes with the AIOs I'll dry them a bit then hang to finish drying. And occasionally if I'm in a hurry I'll throw EVERYTHING in the dryer. Once in awhile the dryer doesn't hurt, but I do know that hanging diapers to dry at least part of the time will extend the life of your diapers.

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote