View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: When did you wean off of Nutramigen/Alimentum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post
I'm not sure what his problem is, exactly. We tried Enfamil Premium Lipil, Enfamil Gentlease, & Enfamil Prosobee. The prosobee worked alright, he just had really bad constipation. The regular Enfamil and the Gentlease didn't do well for him. The pediatrician at the hospital put him on Nutramigen because he was hospitalized for his reflux. He was also really colic-y. Within 24 hours he was a whole new baby. I will keep him on Nutramigen if that is all he can handle. I'm just wondering if I should try something else. He honestly hates the taste and it is hard to get him to drink it. I'm wondering if trying a low-lactose would be alright, since I know the soy will constipate him and the regular milk-based might be too much for his system. I figure if I give it a shot and it works, we can finally get away from the hypoallergenic stuff.
Since you never tried a lactose-free milk formula (other than the hypoallergenic), I do think it's worth a trial. Just mix it in very gradually. I'm not surprised he hates the taste...my ds made it about 5 weeks on Nutramigen before he began reacting to it and we had to put him on Elecare...seriously, he has been on just about every formula and the Nutramigen was BY FAR the stinkiest