View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you wean off of Nutramigen/Alimentum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Since you never tried a lactose-free milk formula (other than the hypoallergenic), I do think it's worth a trial. Just mix it in very gradually. I'm not surprised he hates the taste...my ds made it about 5 weeks on Nutramigen before he began reacting to it and we had to put him on Elecare...seriously, he has been on just about every formula and the Nutramigen was BY FAR the stinkiest
It really is gross smelling. I did also try Alimentum for a short time because I thought he might need a corn free formula, and it wasn't as bad smelling. It didn't work for him though and the reason I had tried it (bad diaper rash) turned out to be caused by something else (antibiotics for ear infections) so we went right back to Nutramigen.

I have tried the Enfamil version of low-lactose (Gentlease) so I am thinking of trying Similac Sensitive since I have heard a lot of good things about it.

And, what you posted before about kids outgrowing their sensitivities is what I was wondering about. I think that is the case, too, but wanted to get some other opinions. I remember my DD1 had to be on soy until she turned 6 months old, and we tried regular formula at that point and she did fine, so she had obviously outgrown the issues she was having. Besides that, none of my other kids needed special formulas. I figured DS2 just had digestive issues from being a preemie.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote