View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you wean off of Nutramigen/Alimentum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha-nanagins View Post
DS2 was on Alimentum until 11 months. We tried Gentlease, Goodstart, and Soy formula - none worked, so the doc suspected milk and soy allergy. Since allergies run in our family, we had blood drawn and a food allergy test done at 10 months. When it came back completely negative, we started giving small amounts of dairy foods (yogurt, cheese). When he had no problems with that, we gradually switched to Enfagrow toddler formula by 11 months. When he had no problems with it, we gradually switched over to organic whole milk, eliminating formula entirely when he was 12 months old.

Most likely, unless there are allergies suspected, your ped will recommend introducing small amounts of yogurt or other dairy foods, or give you a sample of Similac Sensitive or Enfamil Gentlease to try. If no problems, will probably encourage a switch over to one of those formulas.
Thank you! I'm thinking of trying the Similac Sensitive next week. He has already tried Gentlease and didn't do so well on it. I might also ask his pediatrician about an allergy test if the Similac Sensitive doesn't go over well.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote