Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
JKTexas
Registered Users
Formerly: jes***ox

My Mood:
Re: what is a good day absorbency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
well for a heavy wetter you can almost never have too much. i had some sbish fitteds that are, i believe, 8 or 9 layers without the extra doubler. they were amazingly absorbent, but they are a fitted so there is more absorbency. i was thinking about bamboo inserts also, and was thinking at least 6-8 layers for day. the softbums bamboo pods are 8 layers (and remember bamboo velour isnt very absorbent - its the fleece and french terry that will be absorbent). i tried the pods for about 3 hours (which is the longest ive had him in a diaper except overnight because he's such a heavy wetter) and the pod was soaked - but wasnt going to leak yet. so it depends on really how heavy of a wetter your dc is and how long you want to go between changes. bamboo velour will be a little catchy for the runny poo, yes.
So would go with the 11 layer insert? It has 8 lyrs french terry and 3 lyrs velour. The other inserts just has 6 lyrs french terry and 3 layers velour. Or the 9 lyr insert with the 4 lyr french terry doubler? What kind of bamboo are the softbum pods made from?
JKTexas is offline   Reply With Quote