View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #7
Hayley's Avatar
Hayley
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Seymour Johnson AFB
Posts: 11,326
Re: Stinky cord stump ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elioraimmanuel
Do Not use rubbing alcohol. Years ago it was used to "dry out" the stump. Skin absorbs alcohol and it is toxic! Make sure the stump gets plenty of air (which can be very difficult) and know that stink is common and probably means all is normal. I showered w/all of my kids from the time they came home. We had no probs but some stink. Relax. Be aware that if the stump gets moist it may appear bloody and this, too, is normal.
There is nothing wrong with rubbing alcohol. using it is not toxic if you use it correctly just use caution and don't allow baby to drink it. LOL
__________________
Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote