Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best night time option for 1 month old

I thought pockets were too bulky for my daughter when she was that age at night because I had to double stuff them, and the only pockets I have are one-size. If you don't need stay dry (some babies don't) you can try putting on two prefolds together. That's what I did for a while and while it is bulky, it didn't lift her bottom and legs off the mattress like the pockets double stuffed did. I just laid them together, and snappied/pinned like normal. I have also just used a regular (not baby) washcloth as a doubler. works fine to me and is cheap. My view on night diapers is that if you don't want to spend money on different night options trying what is trimmest and best for your baby (which I didn't because I'm on a tight budget), just go with the idea that more cotton = more absorbency, and use what you already have. That's my CD philosophy, though it is fun to have lots of different things and to try more things.

Something else that might work great for your little one is a rosie- posie folded flat http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10262049&postcount=14

I love this for overnight - fold a washcloth into the center or a small prefold into the center for a doubler, but for your LO you might not need to since its only 5 hours.

Those are my simple overnight suggestions HTH!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote