View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #31
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nourishing Traditions Support Thread

I've been slow to post, but I've been reading along. I'm on the road to a whole foods diet. I'm just slower on some things than others. I'm too cheap to throw out anything that we already have, so as I run out of things, I find/make replacements that fit with the diet I want my family to have.

So far, I've gotten rid of most HFCS, the exceptions being those condiments that don't get used very often.

No GMO sugar. I now use evaporated cane juice. I now there are healthier options, but with a budget to take into consideration, this is a good compromise for now. Eventually I want to use only Rapadura.

Only whole wheat/grain. I don't soak my grains yet and I'm not sure that I'm going to be doing that any time soon. I've got other more pressing issues.

Strictly limit soy, both because of the GMOs and the negative side effects of consuming unfermented soy. We are still using up some store brand soy sauce and will next purchase an organic version, but that's all (unless something sneaks in).

Free-range eggs. I've got a supplier, just need to get hooked up with him to start buying regularly.

Use coconut oil, olive oil and butter for cooking.

Starting a garden from seed (beginning next week). Hope to plant a lot of veggies and can/freeze them for next winter. Also planning on keeping lettuce and spinach through the winter-I've been reading on winter gardening.

I'm blogging about it. It's slow but steady progress.
Get craft kits from Kristin's Crafts for Kids and on FB
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote