View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #34
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nourishing Traditions Support Thread

chmom77 - Welcome! I am glad to hear that you have noticed a difference in your health because of this diet. I am also glad to hear that your RE recommended it.

mari.b - Thank you for the information. I will have to do some more research today about it. I did subscribe to that service. It sounds absolutely delicious! I think I am going to use it and supplement it with what we have on hand that we need to eat (if needed).

Mom2ManyBlessings - Welcome! That is great that you have room for cows and chickens. I don't have any room here for any of that and I think that chickens would be against the township ordinances. Not to mention I have a bird phobia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings View Post
Where does everyone get their Cod Liver Oil? I need a good source...
https://westonaprice.org/cod-liver-o...cs.html#brands This should help you. I personally have Nortic Naturals liquid for DH, me and a different one by them for DS. I like it. It doesn't have that overly fishy taste that my grandmother remembers. However it isn't fermented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
Oh, why is cod liver oil good? I hear about it, but I haven't had the time/energy to look it up. I need to request WAP's books at the library. I've read Real Food by Nina Planck and that was a good book (very informative).
Welcome! https://westonaprice.org/cod-liver-o...nufacture.html This should help you I think. I have been taking it for years based on my RE's (Reproductive Endocrenlogist) recommendation. My oncologist also says it is good, but she didn't let me take it when I was in treatment. It helps with brain development, thinning the blood, and a host of other things. The thinning of the blood is important as I still have my port (implanted device to get IV's and blood draws).

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulj View Post
We've faithfully been eating NT type foods for years now. I have been sick so it is hard to keep up with things sometimes (we are SOOO basic), and I'm still learning how to make it "work" on the daily level. We've even had the joy of having our own goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, and geese. (had to take a break recently). Once we got our own goats and my husband was doing the milking he decided goats milk wasn't so bad. He's gone from a diet of pop tarts, cheezits, mac n cheese, and cold cereal (on a budget of $30 per month!) to eating real food in about 5 years. (I've eating well for many more years.) My kids love all the different kinds of (soaked) grains and we do lots of beans as well to save on money. Looking forward to reading everything and sharing when I can.
- Welcome! I hope you feel better soon. Glad you have made such a dramatic change in the way you eat.