View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #35
swalker97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nourishing Traditions Support Thread

I haven't gotten to read all the posts, but I'm loving this so far. We have really been trying to get rid of all the bad stuff in our house and eat better, but I've been so overwhelmed by all of the information-especially since most of it is anti-animal products. We LOVE meat, cheese, yogurt and milk. I just bought "Nourishing Traditions" for my ipad, but I so wish there was a "quick start guide"! LOL!
This is what we've done so far (any suggestions/advice is GREATLY appreciated):
We get all of our meat from our local CSA (free range, grass fed, etc.)
We get our eggs from our local CSA
We get non-homogenized, low-heat pasteurized mild from our CSA
I'm grinding wheat and making my own bread (but I've been using veg oil)
I've gotten rid of most canned goods (except tomatoes)
I buy mostly fresh veggies, but not always organic

I think that is most of our good efforts for the moment. We still have boxed cereal and pastas (and a bunch of GS cookies right now). Condiments are a big obstacle for me. I try to make as much as I can from scratch, but I do work a fulltime job.
PLEASE help me do better. I am 60lbs overweight and so is DH. I'm tired all the time and feel miserable. I want to look better and NEED to feel better. Still there are seven of us and the food has to TASTE good or I will have a revolt on my hands