03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: What is your plan/schedule/routine to get housework done?
wow!!! you're superwoman supermama you guys have created a well running family!
Originally Posted by amb2j
More recently, I just get DH to pick up some of the slack, but some things that have helped me
1) I wake up about 10 minutes early ...
2) Before I leave for work, I set the "delay wash" ...then hangs diapers when we get home
3) Invest in a crock pot with a "delay setting" ...
4) Make homemade babyfood in BULK and freeze...
5) Invest in as many reusable products as possible-...
6) Simplify your diet and life. ...
7) Only worry about the big cleaning on weekends (e.g., floors/bathrooms)
8) Do the little cleaning as you go (e.g, counters and picking up things from the floors)
9) I/DH do at least one load of laundry (in addition to diapers)/day after work. ...
10) Before I pick DS up from daycare, I go home for 15 minutes. ... I can give him undivided attention for the rest of the night.
This has worked well for me so far-especially with DH's help-even better