View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #12
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping through the night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamommy
So I'm sorry to say that I think it's just the child's disposition and it's very hard to change without pushing them hard and thus changing who they are in other ways. We tried so many things to help my dd sleep better. Eventually we just developed coping skills and lived with it because we weren't willing to CIO. If I could go back I wouldn't do it any differently (but oh man, I don't want to go back). I'm sorry I'm not of more help with this. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
I have to agree as well. My dd slept through the night from just 6 weeks on (like 6 hrs or so), but by the time she was 1, she was sleeping a solid 13-15 hrs straight. My son on the other hand...he's 2 and it seems now its about every few nights he'll sleep through. Other nights, he usually gets up once somewhere between 12 am and 3 am. Before him, I just thought it was the craziest thing that a 1 yr old couldn't sleep through the night. I was rather young, 17, and figured it must be the parents (my only real experience with other moms at the time was other teens pretty much). BOY did he put me in my place

It'll get better

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote