Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:
dairy issues AGAIN:( need encouragement

I think DS3 has developed a sensitivity to cow's milk protein via bm I am utterly bummed. DS1 had issues with it from birth (diarrhea, eczema, Copious mucus, gas and evil colic). It took me until he was 5 mo to figure out the problem and I continued to bf but went 100 percent dairy-free until he was weaned at 18 mo. He then drank goat's milk until he outgrew
It at 2 1/2-3 years.

So with DS 2 and DS3 I avoided dairy the last couple of weeks of pregnancy and for as long as practical during the first month in the hopes of preventing
this problem. DS2 was fine and had lovely poops the whole time. I thought DS3 was going to follow suit, but lately he has been developing symptoms. Currently he is on day 5 or 6 of non- stinky diarrhea Previously he was only pooping 2 times per week or so.

The prospect of tiptoeing around dairy for the next year (he is 5 mo now)
Is exhausting to me. I don't want to give up bf or make my baby sick, plus I feel like if I was willing to do it for DS1 I should be willing to do it for this little guy too.

If you have stayed with me this long, thank you. I just needed to whine a little and hopefully get some encouragement from any mamas who have been there. I could also use tips, especially favorite dairy-free products/substitutes if you have any. It is going to take a lot for me to get excited about this. TIA.