View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Doodlebrainette
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: dairy issues AGAIN:( need encouragement

I am dairy free because I'm allergic to it. I'm allergic to gluten too, so I can only use Blue Bonnet Light margarine or Earth Balance. Daiya vegan cheese is actually fairly nice. I've tried the cheddar and mozzarella shredded varieties and they are about the same flavor. It does melt and makes me think of processed american cheese. I wouldn't put it on a cracker or make a sandwich with it (because of the flavor) but it works well on pizza. I use almond milk for everything. Silk has a chocolate and vanilla flavor, both are really nice.

And I agree with the mourning period. Having had to purge my diet of wheat, rye, barley, oats and dairy, I've struggled my fair share (emotionally and physically). One thing that physically helped me the most was picking up some things that are permissible for my current diet for those days that had unbearable cravings. I didn't care how healthy they were or how much of it I ate. I was just focused on resisting the cravings until they subsided and not feeling so deprived. LOL, I went through a LOT of Ore Ida French fries. After the first 2-3 weeks, when I had settled into my diet, I began to work more on being and eating healthy.

Last edited by Doodlebrainette; 03-19-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Doodlebrainette is offline   Reply With Quote