View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 07:11 PM   #13
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weaning from bottle HELP PLEASE

I had no problems weaning my DD off the bottle at 12 months, she was fine with it, no problems. BUT - she did take a pacifier until she was 2. DS is another story!! He quit the paci on his own at about 8 months, he still nurses, which is great, but mainly for comfort about 3-4 times a day. He does still get a bottle about 2-3 times a day (with 2% milk). He likes a sippy however, and will take milk from it, juice, water, whatever. He just wants that bottle, esp if I am not around to nurse when he is tired or whatever. I asked my ped. about it last week, if I should be worried or try to take it away. He said not to worry about it yet, his exact words were, "I don't know what to tell you, because when I took my boys (he has 3) off the bottle, they completely quit drinking milk." He said as long as he takes liquids from a cup at this point, just be easy about the bottle weaning.

For the record, I don't like seeing big kids with bottles either, but I don't let DS run around with a bottle in his mouth ever. He has to be sitting in a lap or on the sofa or whatever to get the bottle and if he throws it down or starts playing with it, we take it away. Oh, and we NEVER give it to him in his crib!