View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #23
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Car seat laws? What is your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancerAcres View Post
Here s my question on just ignoring them ... do you not think that cuases stress on both the mother and the child and tells the child I really dont care that you are crying. I never ignore my child when he is crying I think it sends the wrong message to them.
Meh, I would ignore my child anyways if he was trying to eat nothing but candy regardless if he was crying or not. The entire first year of my eldest son's life was horrid (it is the year that must not be mentioned in our family). Not only did he have horrible colic; nonstop teething (had his molars by the time he was eight months old); he cried the entire time he was in the car; I was working full time and going to school full time and pumping in between breaks; I'd go days without seeing him awake; and I had PPD (so bad that I considered suicide on more than one occasion). But you know what? I still let him cry his heart out to the point where he would fall asleep in his seat whimpering while we were stuck in rush hour traffic in the highway. Why? Because even in my already stressed mind, I knew it was safer for him. I didn't know much about carseat safety except that the law was one and twenty pounds so even when it was suggested to us that we turn him to see if it'd calm him down I still didn't. I knew I had to leave him RF until he hit the one year mark even though he was already 20lbs by the time he was four months old.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote