View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
vivi_mama
Registered Users

Re: Unsure if I want to stay at my new job

I'm struggling with the way the therapy staff handles their caseload and doesn't provide services that qualify as skilled, in my opinion. The therapy isn't 1:1 and people are basically set up on exercise machines with minimal assistance from the staff. I want to do therapy the right way and not get stuck in a rut. I accepted this job with the hopes that I would have good mentorship available, but that hasn't been the case. I know I have to be the change I want to see and know I can do it, it just seems like it's going to be a struggle to go against the grain and model good work ethics .I'm not sure if I want to stay there and do things the right way or leave and find a job where the staff is passionate about patient-centered care. I originally wanted to go into pediatrics but chose this job bc of the good work hours and bc I had a good experience with inpatient rehab on an internship and thought I'd do well at it.