View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWillow
My ankles started getting puffy a few weeks ago, and I know this is normal. But now they get super puffy by the end of the day and if I press on them it leaves an indentation. I guess it was almost 3 weeks ago that it was pretty mild, and i asked my doc about it and she said not to worry if the aren't any other symptoms (high BP, headaches, etc). My BP has been perfect, around 115/65. The pitting though is getting worse and it's making me nervous. My hands are a little tight feeling but they don't look like sausages or anything. I woke up this morning and my ankles are still a little puffy from last night. Should i ask fo a blood test or something? Would it be liver function that i need to check? I just worry that this is a precursor to pre-e which i had during my first PG. I want to stay on top of it and i can't just ignore the pitting.

Sent from my Xoom using DS Forum
I'd definitely push it more with your doctor. I do have the puffy ankles and my hands feel tight, but i don't have the pitting. I did have it though with ny first and was put on bed rest bc of my BP. I had to have a few NSTs and do the 24 hr urine collection (yuck!) to watch for pre-e. Luckily it didn't turn into that but i was on bed rest and watched closely bc of the high BP and the pitting with the swelling. Since you have a history of pre-e I think you are being good with watching for symptoms early. I'd definitely request they do something but I'm not sure what exactly they would check. Keep us posted!
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote