View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 04:37 AM   #4
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Feeling uhhhh weird i guess LOL

That's terrible.. I have no idea why some people feel the need to comment so harshly on others capabilities. I will give you my experience with this. I had Abby when I was 21..well it was a couple weeks before I turned 21, but whatever. Now, 7 years later, I am STILL being told that 20 is too young to have kids, and obviously I am *too young* to get that since I can't seem to figure out bc. Uh...my second and third were COMPLETELY planned, and I have no problem figureing out birth control. I had a miscariiage not too long ago, and although there weren't a ton of people who knew about it, I did actually have someone sya to me it was a good thing that I lost the baby, because I am way too young to have this many kids straggling behind me. Not the same as your case, but the loss of any child is NEVER a good thing...SO sad that some people can be insensitive and critisize even in one's time or sorrow There seems to be a big issue with younger moms in general. I think that is because our society is putting a big focus right now on self-sustainability and long-term educational plans, but none the less, we are still all free to decide what is right for us, and that's what I did...and so did you. In don't have any super advice, but I can sympathise. Be proud of the fact that you are doing an AWESOME job with your kids. Doesn't matter if you're 20 or 200, all that matters is that you are a super mom, you actively parent your kids and you are doing what is right for YOUR family. I've done breastfeeding counseling for WIC for years, and have seen some top-of-the-line parents who were 18, and some horrible ones who honestly didn't deserve to have their kids at 40. Age is just a number, it is the love and devotion we give out kids that count.