Old 04-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
dornmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UCers, What about AFTER the birth??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
Oh my. From the inside? Like with gauze?

and what do you do with the placenta? eat it? I hear a retained placenta can cause issues too, if it tears and a piece is left behind.

I think HB is wonderful, and wish we had better access to simpler birth options (as American/Canadians) but UC is scary for me Many women obviously do it with no issues, but I sometimes hurt myself getting the mail. Nothing goes according to my plans!
UC is definitely not for everyone. The women that do UC normally educate themselves and are very prepared for complications though. If something arises that they are unprepared for or can not handle themselves they transfer to the hospital.

Homebirth with a midwife is different and it's the midwives that are prepared for the emergency situations. In the event of an emergency that the midwife can not treat at home she will simply transfer mother and baby to the hospital. Midwives are equipped to handle a large variety of things though.
Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote