Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBirds 2010 April Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Yikes Elena! It's going to be 80 here tomorrow and then 58 the rest of the week, I think. tonight we had a bit of a thunderstorm, mostly lightning, very little rain.
I would totally complain about the tax people! 2 hrs is too long for ME, much less the ittys! We did ours online with the IRS (taxact) and they find us money they owe us that hana wouldn't have thought of so

Funny, it seems like spring break should be the less hectic time, not the time when you need them back in school so it slows down, lol. My kids don't have spring break til the week of Good Friday. I am planning on decorating eggs with them and the babe and doing a lot of hiking.

I have to tell you all something Kailani did that we are still laughing about. The other day, in bed, I was shirtless as usual and to be funny, Hana pretended to nurse. Kailani was PISSED! he wasn't even trying to nurse but as soon as he saw Hana coming for me, he would put his head in between my chest and hana's head! Every time! And then the next day, K and I were wrestling on the carpet and hana crawled over to play fight and he was pretending to fight me (we were giggling and stuff the way we "fight" with Kailani, so it was nothing for him to be concerned about) and Kailani immediately put himself between us, headbutting him and using his hand to push him away. It made Hana very happy to see little man protecting his mama (even from him, lol).
It was in the high 30's last week - which was wonderful for us, though still below seasonal - but then this storm hit Sat/Sun. Yikes. The kids still have school today, but with the driveway full we're effectively snowed in, so DH called a sub last night and got everything prepared for that. We'll call the gas station this morning and hopefully get them to clear us out. And hopefully that's it for the storms and we can get on to spring now.

I am definitely going to write and complain - I just need to get past being really angry so that I don't say things too rash/harsh. It was with H&R Block, and we ended up doing them online through their own website, so we still ended up "using" them. I'm not against them as a whole, and I actually really like the guy we should have gotten in to see, but just the way they were running things at that office was not okay.
We had one problem with them a few years ago, too. We couldn't get in to see our guy (he's done our taxes ever since we moved here, so now we've missed him twice) and had gotten a quick appt with another lady - she was horrid, complaining to us about the other people working in that office, calling the secretary very rude names, and to top it off she actually missed over $300 of refund for us! (after we complained they had our guy look over the return and he found the missed $$)
Anyways, they handled our complaint well - they actually called and spoke to me, apologized for her behaviour and said she had been spoken to and reprimanded, gave us a refund for the fees we'd paid and sent us coupons for a free tax return the next year. So, I want to complain about this as well - like I said, being behind sucks, but it should have all been handled differently and certainly they shouldn't have been laughing about it. It was not a funny situation for us - we'd planned things specifically so that we could get everything (receipts and all) to get taxes done during DHs break, never mind planning a trip to town specifically for this appt which means gas $$ and a meal for all of us - and then not to get it done at all?!! Yeah, definitely not funny!

I was hoping for a real break for spring break, but ah well. Just ended up being really busy for us this year. Most years we do nothing all week and just have the fair on the Friday.
We won't have a really "down" easter either - my parents are flying in on the Wednesday before (20th) I can't wait to see them, and it'll be the first time they'll meet Levi! DH and I know, so we can get things ready around the house, but the kids have no idea. On Easter Sunday we'll do all the egg hunt and whatnot, probably go to church and lunch, then the kids and I are going to go to the city with my parents - they fly out Monday morning early, but we'll get to stay and play (swim) at the hotel with them and then I'll make my way home on Monday with the kids. We normally don't have the Monday off, but they planned 2 inservice days for Mon and Tues!

Loving that story!!! Too funny!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
Elena - I would of pitched an ever loving fit about them running 2 hours behind! So glad you got them done though. We haven't gotten Henna's birth certificate yet so we have no SSN for her so I'm not sure how we are going to deal with our taxes.

I'm not too bummed about DH being so busy, it's the sleeping that is annoying. Not that I don't think he should sleep but it's hard to explain to a toddler and a 10 month old that even though daddy's in the next room they can't see him EVER. It makes home life difficult and the fact that our house is about 800 sq ft doesn't leave a lot of room for him to find a spot out of the way.

My visit with my mom was pretty good - she had a couple breakdowns, she's always on me that the house isn't clean in the pictures - laundry is folded but not put away toys are laying on the floor yadda yadda...yeah her tune has changed. I have ONE closest that is 3 feet wide by 1 foot deep - that's it. She cried because I have no space to put anything, and because the housing here is so damn small, and that Brian wants to be around but can't and how the kids are just so good but take up so much time...basically everything that is my reality no one believed...and then she came and lived it. She also visited some of my friends houses, no one has closets here so everything is "put away" in tubs or boxes and stacked. Oiy life in Britain. My dad and sister come next week - I get along with my mom alright (minus the I suck at housewife thing that drives her crazy) but my dad and I do not do well - so we will see what happens.

AFH: She can say mama really well, and babas when she actually see's DH. She's starting to get a bit of a tude, when she realizes that I know what she wants but won't give it to her she pitches a bit of a fit...for instance those itty bitty popsicles, I give her one now and then to help with her teeth and she loves them and always goes to the freezer for another and I just tell her no and she starts screaming. She also is starting to be a bit pushy with her sister - for instance if she has a toy and Zaylee tries to take it Henna will in fact attack her and try to bite her....I'm at a total loss with her somedays. Zaylee has also taught Henna how to scream and Zaylee with scream then Henna will scream louder and then Zaylee with scream louder and then Henna and so on and so forth....Lord beer me strength.
We were not pleased at all. But I won't repeat everything I just typed, lol.

I'm so glad to hear that things went well with your mom's visit! I've been wondering how it all worked out. Good luck with your dad - hopefully he'll be so busy lovin on the girls there won't be time for any discord?

Levi's still saying "mum-mum" for me, I'm glad to hear he's not the only "babas" for dada! None of our other kids said it, they all just did "dada".
And I so kwym about pitching a fit! Levi's got quite the temper when he gets angry... which is really any time he doesn't get exactly what he wants when he wants it, lol.

AFM: The guy is here clearing the driveway right now -
Although DH had to use a sick day for today I'm glad he did. We didn't get any time to get groceries last week, so we'll be able to go in tonight (Isaac and Ruth have dance anyways) for that. One of us will do dance, the other will go for groceries. Should work out.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote