stay home or go??
My grandpa recently passed away... and his memorial has been set for April 16th.
I live on an island, where I will be having my homebirth.
The memorial will be on the mainland, which we travel by ferry to get to.
The distance from memorial to home (including ferry wait/crossing time) is about 1.5 hours. That is in average traffic.
So, assuming I am still pregnant, I don't know if I should risk going. It would be 5 days before my due date. Both my other kids were born 4 and 5 days before their due date. My last baby was born in an hour and 45 minutes... the midwife didn't even make it to the house in time!
It's not easy for me to just say that I'll stay home... i need to go for closure and healing, for myself and for my family...
But I am TERRIFIED of going into labor so far from home. It has been my policy to not leave the island in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy, for any reason!
I'm bummed because it was originally scheduled for this weekend, which I was more comfortable with... but for silly reasons it got pushed back...
anyways... what would you do??
Ill chat with my midwife about it on wednesday and see what she's comfy with too...