View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #7
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling uhhhh weird i guess LOL

First, I want to say I am SO sorry about your son. I cant imagine how hard this must be for you. The loss of a child is such a terrible thing and I am sorry that you had to go through it.

I know this is not helpful, but I think what your dd is going through with loosing her baby brother is totally normal. I think the pp had a great idea, maybe get her involved in a grief support group with other kids. It might help her? I have also been to workshops for siblings who have lost their sisters or brothers, or who have ones with terminal illnesses (TOTALLY not the same I know!) and they always said that expressing themselves through art was very helpful for the grieving little ones.

As for the church lady, all i can say is WHAT A BUTT! Seriously, where does she get off? Your in a vulnerable position right now and she is taking advantage of that by cutting down your parenting choices! As many pps said, your a wonderful mom and you have nothing to worry about. If she cannot offer you support, and cannot say positive things about your family, then IMO she has no buisness being anywhere near you guys!
It also makes me sad to think your fellow church members are avoiding you. I tend to agree that maybe you should try and find a more welcoming church community? Or, if your not comfortable, maybe say something? Talk about the loss of your son, and mention that its not helping you to be avoided and thats not what you need. Sometimes people just dont know how to act so unfortunatley they act like jerks.