View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how to make the choice to have another, when you know you can't SAHM?

I knew before I had number 2 (who was planned) that I wasn't going to stay home very long. I'm Canadian, I took a shortened maternity leave (5.5 months vs the 52 weeks most eligible women take). My first day of leave was the day I delivered.

I still breastfeed, this babe has never had formula. Personally I found that pumping before and after works just as well for me as pumping at work (and I don't get walked in nearly as often at home )

My mom took a leave of absence from her job to watch the babe and she LOVES it. MIL is living with us right now as well and does try and watch the kids when she can (but has a partially detached retina right now so that's out).

I'm not using CDs at the moment (we're moving, just finished building a house and in the process of selling another), but with my first my mom had no issues using CDs when she'd watch the kids. Heck, she's a toilet swoosher.

Is it possible you can find a childcare provider that is into natural parenting that would be cool with ECing?