Thread: Woven wraps?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
SilverDewdrops
Registered Users
seller

Re: Woven wraps?

Stretchy wraps (with the exception of the Gypsy Mama Bali Baby Stretch GMBBS) really only remain un-saggy and comfortable until about 15-18 lbs. I've had Girasol and Didymos come through my house both 100% cotton and cotton linen blend. I find that I love the support of my Didymos thin linen blends the best, but each person is different. The thin linen can get diggy on the shoulders if not laying just right. A Girasol was my first wrap though and it was so soft and blankety. Other brands are Neobulle, Storchenweige, BBSlen, Hoppediz and a few others that I'm sure I'm forgetting right now.

If you buy new some brands/weaves are easier to break in than others. Storch for example can be a bear to break in where some Girasols are soft and floppy right out of the pacakge. If you pick up one used some if not all of the breaking in is already done.

It really is trial and error on which wrap you will end up liking. The advantage is that you can re-sell or trade if you don't like what you have. Most people can do just fine with a 4.6m wrap. I'm smaller so I can do any carry with a 4.2m and fluffier mamas find they prefer a 5.2m.

Last edited by SilverDewdrops; 04-09-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling
SilverDewdrops is offline   Reply With Quote