View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

long car trip and nursing?

We're heading to Denver for the weekend (my husband has five days off ). It's a 11-12 hr car trip with just him and I, but now we add in Abby. During the day she goes about 3-3.5hrs between feedings, but between 6-7 and 10-11 she wants to nurse almost constantly. At least she's not screaming and won't take anything, though. Anyway...I think we're planning on leaving Friday morning and The Husband usually likes to drive the whole way (he's crazy, I know). So are we just gonna' have to stop every so often to nurse? Is there some insane way to dangle the boob over her seat? And what if we run into her fussy/nursing-all-the-time time? I do have a pump...but I'm not a fan of pumping because then I produce more milk than I need, kwim? I'd much rather nurse her because it's better for both of us, I don't run into having too much milk later on, and we got Mommy/daughter time.

Tips from you experienced mommies? She'll be a month on Thursday.