View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #15
coffeegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Childish and possibly hormonally induced rant... *sigh*

Just another post, and to let you know I know how you feel. In fact I've kinda been brooding on it the past couple weeks so when I saw your thread I had to reply. I'm not a SUPER-social person, but I've always had at least one or two close friends (and sometimes also a circle of more casual-type friends), wherever I've ever lived in my life.

In the past year and a half I've got married, had my first baby, and moved across the country to Kansas. Since we moved here, I've made no local friends. I still keep in touch with some of my old ones through e-mail, facebook, etc., but it's soooo not the same. And you know how it is....out of sight, out of mind. I kinda feel like the longer I'm gone, the longer the ties that bind me to my old friends are stretching thin and may soon break. I would LOVE to make at least one IRL, local, mommy friend. Maybe a neighbor or something.

To complicate matters, my husband doesn't really understand and doesn't see the need for me to have other friends. He's a great guy-- he's not controlling or anything about it, but he's very old fashioned, he was raised in a big family and they were just mostly friends with eachother. He never had a "best friend" so he doesn't really understand. And then, of course, whenever I mention it I think he kinda sees it like...."what, am I not enough?!" I try to explain it to him that it's a totally different thing to have girlfriends, and that OF COURSE he's still my husbnd, my best friend, etc.

But yeah....anyhow, my point is I know how you feel and I don't think it's at all immature.

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote