View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need Hamburger Recipes!!

I'd make meatloaf... I used to make it in the crockpot all the time for DH & he loved it. Just mix up the hamburger w/an egg & some breadcrumbs or crumbled crackers is what I usually use... add in some misc spices & salt & pepper maybe some catchup (mine always tastes diff I imagine since I use dif spices... just grab whatever's close). I put that in the crock & surround w/cut veggies... carrotts, onions, tatoes, etc. Pour in some water or brother & just set on low for the day.

Another idea is sort of a DIY hamberger helper. I would brown some burger, drain... put it back in the skillet w/a can of cream of ___ soup... anykind will work. Add some veggies & noodles (uncooked) & a little water or milk & just bring to a boil, then set on low to cook until noodles are tender. Real easy.

You can make shepherd's pie too. Brown the beef... then layer on the bottom of a pan. Add layers of veggies on top like layer peas, green beans, carrots, etc... put some liquid in there - I usually use a can of tomatoes that are diced & the liquid in there is enough... then top with mashed potatoes & put in the oven until potatoes are brown.