View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #26
weddell
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cow milk vs Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
My dd went in for a checkup at 8 months (the naturopath) and since she is underweight, the dr told me to put her on more solids. She actually is loving eating! But anyway, I also got some almond milk per mamalove's recommendation (she knows everything!), and have given her some in a sippy cup.
All my kids like the almond milk, it comes in original, vanilla and chocolate flavors. No dairy, of course, so that might be a good option for you. I found Blue Diamond brand at my Fred Meyer, it's pretty inexpensive.

Almond milk is great for some kids, but watch out if you have a family history of allergies. Tree nuts (including almonds) are one of the top allergens in kids and adults, and because my dh is allergic to all tree nuts, the allergist recommended that dd stay away from all nuts and nut products until the age of three to reduce the chance of developing allergies (but her allergy skin test for nuts was negative). Out of soy, almond, and rice milk, rice milk is probably the LEAST likely to cause allergies. My dd tested negative for soy so I let her have sips of my soy milk, but like someone else said, soy is also a common allergen.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote