View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question about drop side cribs

We have a drop side crib. It was on the recall list, I ordered the repair kit, and installed it. At the time all this happened I wasn't too worried, ds was 2 years old so we just took the side off, no big deal. DS still sleeps in it converted to a toddler bed. We're now looking at moving him to a twin bed. We're hoping to add to our family soon. I keep hearing that it's illegal to sell drop side cribs. What's the deal? I thought if you got the repair kit they were safe? But if it's not safe, I really don't want to use it. Can someone point me to some information on this? I mean why would they send out repair kits if that didn't make them safe. It's not immediately pressing as I'm not even pregnant, but I don't want to keep this crib sitting around here waiting if I'm not going to be able to use it with the next LO. So I'm at the cross roads of save it or throw it out.

ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
slimy72 is online now   Reply With Quote