Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #114
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBirds 2010 April Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Elena I am glad you are feeling better! Just reading your posts makes me tired. You are so busy.
I am sure you've tried but will he sleep or cuddle with one of your shirts that you've slept in? I seriously don't know why I waited so long to get the hammock! Since then he has slept thru the night! You could really make one easily!
Yeah Elena I feel like I would be even more depressed from weaning and that it may create more trouble...I have an appt with the Pedi to check his ears and I will see how she feels with the new med dosage. Although i feel more comfy after talking with the pharmacist and talking with infantrisk (dr. hales hotline) So since he is a few days away from 11 months I will push thru till a year and see how it is at that time.
I will be working hard on getting the kids to help out more...you are right, there is no reason why they can not help and pick up after themselves. part of it is my fault because it is just easier to scream and yell at them and then do it myself, then be mad for having to do it....vicious cycle!

AFM...well I started back on an old med that makes me really sleepy..I took it at 8:45 and I am already starting to feel groggy. My doc said that I really needed it and that I deserved a nice restful sleep!
This weekend I am doing my first 5k...only walking it though. There is no way I could run it and may have to bring both boys...should be interesting.
I don't feel like I do nearly enough, so it's so nice to have you mamas telling me I do, lol. Actually I never thought to try putting something of mine in his bed I think I'll try that tomorrow, maybe just a pillow case off my pillows or something, across his mattress where his head lays. Hmm... although I have been laying him down (for naps) in our bed, which obviously would smell like us, and that's where he's waking after max 30mins. Grr. I may try it still, though. I'd just love longer naps from him, even if it means one decent nap after lunchtime. I don't mind the night waking, once or twice to nurse back to sleep, as long as it's not accompanied by 2hrs of screaming!
I do wonder if a hammock or something like that would help - heck, I'd use the swing still if he stayed in it, but when he wakes up he started grabbing the side and leaning out and could possibly get his head stuck between the seat and the bars - just not safe anymore. Anyways, he will nap longer periods if he falls asleep in his car seat and stays asleep when I stop the van - which he almost always does if it's naptime. When he does this and I'm home (like today) I just leave him in the van and check on him every 5-10mins. Today was very easy, it was warmer so the van window was open and the house windows were open ( for that, btw!!! oh that made me feel so good!). He'll nap there for 1.5-2hrs, every time.

I wasn't trying to put down the idea of weaning now, just wanted to make sure you thought of it from all angles, kwim? I just wouldn't want you to wean and then realize after that you felt badly for doing so - I know that it would pain me horribly to have to wean before a year and would end up causing more depression from guilt than I could ever hope to treat with meds. It's not an easy choice at all. But you are very close at this point.

Oh, I hate groggy feelings from meds.
Good luck on the marathon! Do you have a good double stroller? Like a bike trailer one would be perfect for it. Even if you have to take the boys, I bet they'd have fun (and probably nap a good chunk). Just make sure to bring them some snacks and definitely something to drink.
IHA - XS & Small pockets, NB & Small AIOs/AI2s
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote