View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The Fast and Furious birth of Cullen

Cullen Warren's Birth Story

Well this pregnancy was my longest at 10 minutes shy of 41 weeks! The Lord I think uses my pregnancyies to teach me patience, this time I did well with what I was faced with! I did not have much prodomal labor this time, thankfully! There were a couple times I thought this “could” be it, but after an hour it would go away. So on Saturday April 23rd I woke up w/ contractions excited thinking it was time, but decided to give it an hour, good thing because it went away! We spent the day away from the house. Zac and I went to the store to walk around and went out to lunch and then picked up the kids and went to a get together at friends house.

About 7pm we headed home I put Myra to bed around 8 and laid down myself tired from being 41 weeks pregnant and being out all day. At about 9 I started getting contractions every 10 minutes thinking it “could” be it again ...so I decided to just see after an hour what was going on......well around 10 pm I started shaking and having to breath thru them. They werent painful, but took my attention to get thru. I called the Midwife and she suggested to get in the tub to try to relax since I was shakey feeling...she told me not to stay in more than an hour and to not get to comfy since we would need to drive to the birth center. Well I lasted a whole 15 minutes in the bath before I told Zac I think we should go now. Just having to focus thru them and breath deep and that shakey feeling that wouldnt go away. I was thinking man this could be transition (typically 7 cm dialated) but I had only been in labor 1 hours so that was impossible (yeah well that was transition!!!!!!!!!) So we drive the short trip over and have 2 contractions in the car, it wasnt bad still....So we get in our birth room and she checks me. I am at an 8 cm ALREADY! Are you kidding me! That is amazing, I am still smiling, talking and HAPPY thru my contractions. I was elated to know I had come so far already. So we are there about 20 minutes and my water exploded thankfully into the toilet, and we move to the bed to check baby's heartbeat. The baby had pooped in the water he was in, so it was important to make sure he was still doing well. He was I felt him moving my whole labor which was pretty neat.

So after the water broke I had a few slower less intense contractions while I gathered the courage to push the baby out. I gave a few whimpy pushes then decided the only way this would end was to push like no other and get it out! So 1 push for the head and 1 big push for the body and my sweet child was born! I will tell you this: I would NEVER want to give birth out of water again, but I did this time because of certain things preventing a water birth. I announced that too as soon as baby was out! So I was holding him and Zac was saying over and over, its a boy its a boy. I laughed and said no honey thats the cord....Well he was right!!! We had a sweet boy!!! I was so overjoyed, we had another son! I did tear this time and needed stiches (owie!). After baby was born the staff cooked us a wonderful breakfast at 1 am! It was so good! I took a shower and we headed home for Cullen to meet his sisters and brother.

The whole labor from the first hmmm could be it to baby in my arms 2 hours and 30 minutes CRAZY fast. We were at the birth center a total of 3 hours. Baby weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and 19” long. We are doing great and I am so thankful to be able to tandem nurse him and his sister, they are so sweet together!

Minutes old! Dont mind the granny bra

3 hours old meeting big brother

Myra and Cullen a couple days old

1wk old

Last edited by Lisathena; 05-02-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote