View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do/did you let go of your LO? Childcare....

I think you just need to figure out what is most important to you. Facilities and in-homes both have their pros and cons. With a facility, my main concern is that there is so much staff and normally a lot of turnover. Depending on the class, there would most like be different caregivers at different parts of the day and also, a much higher ratio normally. I don't think that facilities are necessarily "safer" because a lot of time there is still only one teacher for the whole classroom. If you like the in-home provider that you met, check all her references, get a background check, check her status with the state, ask about anybody else who lives in the house or is regularly there, schedule a few times for you and your child to go together and see how he does. There are a lot of things you can do in either scenario to feel more comfortable with the option and it will get easier the more you do it. I would look for a really established provider with lots of experience and a great reputation.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote