View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #18
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2, 3, & 4 Chat

Steph and Hallie you ladies have been busy! Wow Steph! Hope you get a chance to put your feet up and have a little break today.

As for the garden: My hubby put up the fence to keep our beagle out. She would come inside all red-faced from eating all our strawberries! Now we don't have Catey the beagle, but it's nice to have when my parents visit with their 2 dogs. Plus I can use the fences to grow stuff on. I got the fence on Craigslist for about $80.

Hubby thinks I went way overboard since I was supposed to think small, but I was excited to fill those beds! I'm planting: asparagus, blue potatoes, scarlet runner beans, snap peas, 2 kinds of broccoli (green and purple), multicolored cauliflower, 4 or 5 different kinds of lettuce, spinach, cilantro, basil, rosemary, tomatoes, cucumber, chile, leeks, rhubarb, and eggplant. wow maybe that is a lot! We also have 2 apple trees and 2 cherry trees.

Izzy has planted colorful carrots, morning glories, nasturiums, evening stock, zinnia and passion flower.

And the berries!!! We have strawberries, 3 blueberry bushes, 2 raspberries, 1 salmonberry, 1 Anne raspberry (yellow), 1 blackberry and one that I have no clue! They look like blackberries but are really long and tapered on the ends. The berries never make it inside so it's hard to ask. I guess I will have to work on that this year. I really didn't realize how much it was until I typed it all out. Yikes!

I forgot grapes!

Last edited by estradaamyl; 05-02-2011 at 10:07 AM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote