View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: How do/did you let go of your LO? Childcare....

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO is find a childcare provider YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH!!!! you'd be amazed how you can ease many of your anxieties once you find the *right* childcare. and you will know in your heart it's right. we have DD in a center and as much as i want to stay home full-time with her, i also SO WANT her to be in this center. we LOVE the staff, LOVE the interaction she gets with other toddlers, LOVE the learning and education she's getting. ALSO what helped with me a lot was i was able to bring DD into the center and just hang out in the room with her before she started, to get DD comfortable with the enviornment and people, as well as myself. that eased A LOT of anxieties.

as far as when that fateful day comes and you leave LO for the first time... that's a whole 'nother story. there will be tears (from both kid and mom) and tantrums (probably mostly just from the kid), but after a while that will go away and it will become routine. DD cried for about the first week in the toddler room, now i just give her a hug, kiss, and watch and she runs to her friends and plays with the teachers.

it's a good thing to do. its hard, but you can do it. you'll know when you find the right care provider.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote