View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
lilac0226
Registered Users

Re: How do/did you let go of your LO? Childcare....

For drop-in care it usually is harder to find someone. I like the homey feel to in-home care and ideally if there is a knowledgeable mother, I like care providers that really seem to get to know my children and having more control over who the other kids are. In a huge daycare center between turn-over, different people working, and all the good or naughty things my kids could learn, and it is probably mixed but I would guess kids in center daycare get exposed to way more colds.

Once I had 3 little ones we went with having a babysitter come to our home since it was impossible to find a care center that had the openings for part-time care, which is by far my preference since then my kids didn't get sick or have other kids to learn bad things from. We've had two babysitters and both were pretty good about schedules changing and watching kids at times with little notice. Plus I never did but I figured it I got too worried I always could have put in a nanny cam.

It is super tough sending your LO to daycare, all I can say is that it does get easier, for me that was one way having someone in my home was easier, watching my oldest crying as he watched me drive off was never fun. With care in my home, the kids are in our home, so they never seem to fuss much when I would leave. In the beginning it will break your heart, but over time when you know LO is having fun, and making crafts or playing with the other kids when you get there, it makes it more bearable.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote