View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my nipples are cracked--- OUCH!

L's latch is lazy too - he just wants to slurp me right in and he does periodically, especially at night when we're side-lying and I can't see him well. I pull on his chin and lower lip to at least help because once he's on, he freaks like I'm taking away his prized possession. LOL, little boobie monster

To get him to really open up while he's rooting, I pull down on his chin and have him latch chin first. We're doing cross cradle mostly, but if you like to football hold, that's great for having them get on best - he just hates his legs getting squished behind me, even with my breast-friend pillow.

As for your nipple health, I'd been using Medela lanolin, which I find much more soothing because it's not hard like the lansinoh that you have to sort of roll between your fingers (so it's warm) to get it to spread on nicely, it's already liquidy and still safe for baby. I also have Soothies, but I find that they get stuck to me (ouch!) because I don't leak like I did with ds1.

Have you tried a nipple shield? My LC suggested that I try that if I end up with sore nipples again because of his lazy latch, but we're getting better.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote