Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #17
dill_partyof7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my nipples are cracked--- OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purna079 View Post
use lansinoh every time. express bmilk , rub on nipples and leave to dry. take advil for the pain, and leave exposed to air as much as possible...dh likes that part

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
too funny about DH.

I am in the sore nipple boat here too. I didn't expect it as I thought I was a breastfeeding expert by now! For the first time, after 4 children, I have noticed scabs. I must have had cracks and not noticed. My right nipple is excruciating painful to nurse on, almost to tears. IT lessens as he nurses, but when he latches on- whew!

I am definitely buying some lansinoh, which I usually have on hand. I have been rubbing in a few drops of breastmilk. My husband is amazed that I am still nursing through the pain. I can see the admiration on his face. even though this is a new experience I know it will heal itself (right?)

In addition, I have super big nips- as soon as he opens his mouth, I pull down on his chin a bit to get his mouth wider and basically smoosh it in before he clamps down- he's so fast and greedy!