View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #91
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: UPDATED- Please help my baby wont breast feed and midwife says to give up :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
We were at the doc this morning for a cough, we talked to him about the weight and he said his weight is fine, no need to bottle feed.

I think we just need to push through the fussy barrier while the milk comes up to speed over that final hurdle and we should hopefully be in the clear
Congrats on working so hard to get here!

I just wanted to say not to worry TOO much b/c even if you have had supply issues to start with, they can even out and you can eventually go on to nurse with no issues. I had supply problems with my first from supplementing her with formula - it killed my supply.

I also wanted to just gently say that even if your milk supply was perfect, as babies go through growth spurts, they need more milk, and they get your body to make more for them by nursing more frequently or for a longer time. They also tend to be fussier b/c they want more. While you are freaking out trying to figure it all out, your body is getting the message, and in a few days, it catches up and your baby is happy again.

So, his needing more milk could very well just pass as your body catches the signals and makes more.

And, I wanted to say that if you are having supply issues and you feel like it, there is nothing wrong with pumping once or twice a day. Nipple stimulation is what signals your body to make more milk. So lots of that is good when you are trying to produce more.

I've even noticed that if my baby falls asleep latched on and we sleep that way for a half hour, at the next feeding that breast will be exploding with milk, while the other is not as full.

Just keep nursing, nursing, nursing!

Last edited by Kiliki; 05-06-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote