View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: going back to work after 2 1/2 yrs .... EEEkkkkk

Right there with you! (kind of). I'm 24 and returning to work after I have been home with DS for the last 2 years. He is 2 1/2, and I have been home with him since he was 6 months old. It was WAY too hard trying to take turns waking up at night and then both of us working. So I stayed home after that and did the night shift with DS, and it worked so much better.

Now that DS is 2 1/2, I have to return to work because my work-at-home job ended, and I feel like DS is old enough to enjoy daycare and playing with others. I know he misses socialization, because he loves having kids over. I'm excited to see how he does, and a little nervous. I've been out of the social loop for so long, I miss it. I don't know how alot of SAHM's do it, I give them lots of credit! Being home with a child full time can be hard, especially on misfit and everything-is-going-wrong days. I'm excited because I miss interacting with other people, and not just staring at my same walls every day and trying to carry on a conversation with DS about juice, the number 2, and puppies.

I'm sure you will really enjoy getting out again, and DS will really enjoy the playmates and interaction he gets at daycare!

Loving All Things: Homeschooling, Essential Oil, Homesteading, City Farming, Dave Ramsey, Minimalist, Simple Life, Attachment Parenting, Big Family, Gentle Parenting, Spiritualist w/ No Religion Affiliation, Outdoor Playing, Media Reducing, and Cloth Diapering.

Last edited by MyKzooFamily; 05-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote