Old 06-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: questions about the e-z-on 86y

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mad View Post
97 ford explorer

i'm meaning the things to hook to tether too, i have them on each side in the back, but not in the middle....i dont have LATCH in that car, and probably won't have it installed since im hoping to get a different vehicle in febuary
I think I should clarify as to what LATCH is verses top tether anchor verses cargo hooks LATCH literally stands for Lower Anchors and top Tethers for CHildren, but I am refering only to the lower anchors in this situation while differentiating between that & the top tether anchor -- top tether anchor is not the same as tie down hooks in the cargo area.... I do not believe LATCH can be retrofit in this vehicle & since you have cargo tie down hooks you may not be able to retrofit top tether anchors (I don't have the updated LATCH manual to know for sure: as the other techs at www.car-seat.org!) Your vehicle manual will state whether some or all of the cargo hooks can be used for which rear seat carseat installs, but they cannot be used for front passenger seat occupant.