View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do I need for my hospital bag?

I pack light personally. A going home outfit for the baby and myself. While we are there, we just use the hospital's gown and slipper socks and baby clothing, blankets, etc. Toiletries, camera, extra batteries, cell phone and charger. Some small bills for the vending machine for DH. Our hospital doesn't do the footprints anymore, so you'd have to bring your own ink and such if you wanted to do that. Also an extra bag to bring home any goodies - everything on the cart that the bassinet is on is yours to take, I always take extra of the giant hospital pads (better than ruining your panties IMO), and people may bring you gifts if they come to visit. And make sure that the carseat is in the car and ready to go so DH can just bring it up to you at discharge.

ETA: and if you bring any of your own clothing/pillows/etc. make sure that it is something that you are ok with getting ruined. Birth (and after) can be MESSY.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.

Last edited by nrsenadenos; 05-17-2011 at 07:47 AM.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote