Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gestational diabetes and SO HUNGRY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
coconut oil is a really great fat to use in cooking

But as far a cholesterol, please everyone remember that your body and your BABY NEEDS cholesterol for proper development. In traditional cultures women and children were almost always fed organ meats like liver because they are very nutrient-dense, but also full of healthy fat, including cholesterol. The brain is mostly made of fat, as is the covering that is essential to conducting nerve signals to the brain. Fat is an essential part of a healthy diet in pregnancy and beyond, and limiting fat intake (of course we are not talking about TRANS fats here, or even vegetable oils- those are not so healthy) is not a good idea during pregnancy, nursing, or for the rest of our lives.

The theory that high levels of animal fat/saturated fat from healthy sources = heart disease has been proven wrong time after time, but the health industry has so much invested in this myth that there's no going back. I believed it myself for most of my life, but now I know better, so I do better.
I figure that if I'm cooking up bacon that I'll hit the cholesterol level I need even if I use coconut oil
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew(9), Luke(6) and James (2/13). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote