View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any teachers/tutors/in-home babysitters have advice?

I tutored like crazy two years ago. I asked all my teacher friends to send home a flyer I made (extolling my experience with end of year testing material) and got more work than I could handle! I tutored 3 kids at a time, 1 hour/2x week at $20 per session. So, for one hour I made $60... I scheduled it right after school in one of my friend's classrooms.
Then I moved to the library to do evening tutoring because all of my 330-430 slots booked. It was GREAT! I offered homework help, multiplication madness, and EOG prep. you could offer reading help, too- tho I prefer to do reading help 3x/week.

Teachers loved it because they had someone reliable to refer parents to, parents loved it, and I made a TON of money! That said, you will still need some form of childcare while you tutor-- you simply cannot rely on your kids behaving themselves while you work with other children. trust me. Depending on your kid's ages, maybe they could go home with a friend afterschool, or you could tutor while they napped over the summer, etc.
poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote