View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else's LO NOT like Disney movies?

Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
When you guys talk about bad attitude, that reminds me of when I started doing daycare and one of my kid's parents came to me and told me to stop using the word "jerk".
I was like, huh? That word isn't even in my usual vocabulary anyways, let alone with kids(but I was young & single, so she assumed it was from me?!).
I told her that word isn't a word I use but I would be sure to watch what I said in case I was using it & not noticing???
A few weeks later, she apologized to me and said her son's favorite cartoon was Toy Story, and Woody says that word to Buzzon several occasions in #1. She hadn't noticed it before. The Toy Story franchise is a very angry one verbally. I have watched it on occasion and it is just so angry in tone & wordage.
FYI, incase you didn't catch it. I think kids pickup on alot of things we miss. Like the word "jerk".
I enjoy Toy Story for myself, but I really don't feel that it's all that appropriate for little kids. I was kinda shocked when I saw the newest on in theatres with DH. There was some seriously questionable stuff in there! And though I haven't seen the first one in a long time I just know that my DS would be terrified of Sid and all his mutant toys. Yipes!
Katie, loving wife to creative genius DH, Bob, and SAHM to the amazing Arlo (Dec15 '08)
Qbit is offline   Reply With Quote